If a webpage doesn't open
There are several reasons that a webpage might not open in QtWeb.
If a page doesn't open, try these tips:
- The website may be unavailable temporarily. Try again in a moment.
- Empty the cache, and then try reloading the page. To empty the cache, choose Edit > Empty Cache, and then choose Empty.
- Make sure you're connected to the Internet by checking another application, such as email.
- If you connect to the Internet using a corporate or enterprise network, the network may have a firewall that prevents you from opening the webpage. Contact your network administrator for help.
- Make sure you have the correct address for the webpage and that you typed it correctly.
- Try entering "/index.html" at the end of the address.
- Make sure you're using the latest version of QtWeb.
- Contact the website's owner and ask:
Does this webpage prevent access by the QtWeb/Safari browser?
Is the link to the page trying to open a file in another application? (If the file or application isn't available, you'll get a message saying QtWeb can't open the URL or file.)