QtWeb Portable Browser Translation Instructions
- Download zipped archive
- Unpack it to C:\QtWeb (create a folder if needed)
- Run C:\QtWeb\linguist.exe
- Menu File->Open ... choose "C:\QtWeb\qtweb_32.ts"
- Choose English as a Source language, your language as a Target:
- At the left side you see the context (forms, source CPP files, etc..), in the
middle you see strings to be translated for each context, in the middle -
- Go to "Yourlanguage Translation" filed, type the translation and press
CTRL+ENTER to move to the next item. When all items translated for the
particular context, focus is moved to the another context automatically.
Problems are highlighted:
- If item has no equivalent in your language (like Cookie in Russian) - don't
worry and press CTRL+ENTER to keep English phrase and go further. Some stuff
that you think does not make any sense to be translated - leave as is! For
example: what need NOT to be translated, for sure:
- Some special symbols (red and blue), tags
(purple) and carriage returns needed to be
left in your translations, for example:
- Ampersands can be ignored (ampersands being used for hot-keys, and to set them
properly you need an overview of the whole menu or dialog. As long as you don't
have it - just ignore them:
- Optional: how to identify translation strings in the source code and
- Download and unpack QtWeb source to
- Check the right panel for a translation's place in Source Code, or in Dialog:
- Optional: How to test of what's been translated with a real-time
- Assumed that you opened C:\QtWeb\QtWeb_32.ts run
Release command from the File menu (file
C:\QtWeb\QtWeb_32.qm should be
- Run C:\QtWeb\QtWeb_32.exe and see
the translated application:
- Optional: an example of Russian translation is
C:\QtWeb\qtweb_ru.ts, you can open it
and verify the translation issues.
- Optional: for the software to be included to the localized software
catalog on the web - localized description is needed in most cases. We'd
appreciate if you help us to create localized descriptions. To do it, please
download the file
Descriptions.txt and translate descriptions using no more characters than
needed (45, 80, 250, 450 and 2000 symbols descriptions).
- Send us zipped translation file C:\QtWeb\qtweb_32.ts
and Descriptions.txt (save it as Unicode, please)
with a note which language it is (emails: email@example.com or
and wait for our response that it has been successfully received and tested.
- Thank you a lot for letting QtWeb Internet Browser to be language-aware!